Sunday, March 18, 2007

Attack of the Laziness Bug

It's 2:09 pm here in my computer. I've been staring at the screen for an hour now, aimlessly going to random sites, convincing myself to get my lazy-a** self to start working. My brain, however, seems to have declared a strike, refusing to analyze anything without any pretty pictures. This is a BIG problem because in my field of programming, we do not have any pretty pictures. Only code. Lots of it.

At least blogging is a little more productive... right? To tell you the truth, being lackadaisical is something I abhor. I am a workaholic. I work 7 times a week, at least 8 hours a day. So this state of mine right now does not sit well with me.

But since my brain is still on strike, I'd like to take this moment to tell you the top 5 things that distract me from my workaholicism (forgive me if I just made my own word) in no particular order:

1. http://www.triplejack.com - Cartoonic avatars playing poker using imaginary money. Throwing pies, balloons, anvils at your pesky opponents who are robbing you of all the money in your bank!! 'Nuff said.
2. http://www.multiply.com - It can be so addicting clicking on one user and then going to their page, then clicking on another user you just saw in that user's page and so on and so forth.
3. http://www.youtube.com - The new household term! It may have even replaced the "google it" expression people used to say before. Now it's "Why don't you youtube it?" or "Hey we can definitely Youtube this crazy situation we are in" or "Let's make fun of our dog and youtube it!". Start a search in youtube and prepare to forget all about work.
4. http://avatars.yahoo.com - It's just sooo fun, dressing up your avatar! So many outfits, accessories, appearances to choose from.
5. the boob tube - mmmm... pretty pictures. And moving pictures at that! Prepare to fry your brain some more and kill time just surfing through the channels, without even watching any specific show! I find that I spend more time changing the channel than watching a show!

No comments: