Saturday, April 7, 2007

Save one Show Results - hopeful for VM or grim?

Results of SOS:

Save One Show

* (0%) 30 Rock
* (0%) The Class
* (0%) Close to Home
* (1%) Crossing Jordan
* (0%) Friday Night Lights
* (39%) Gilmore Girls
* (0%) How I Met Your Mother
* (0%) Jericho
* (0%) Medium
* (0%) The Nine
* (17%) One Tree Hill
* (0%) Scrubs
* (0%) Six Degrees
* (2%) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
* (7%) Supernatural
* (33%) Veronica Mars
* (1%) What About Brian

No. Fracking. WAY. Veronica Mars lost to Gilmore Girls?!?! The injustice of it all!

Another thing that is really pissing me off is that Veronica Mars is under the list of doomed shows for the ff reasons (quoted from http://www.eonline.com/ under watch with kristin)

"Veronica Mars: With rumors that supporting castmembers were told the series was canceled and the Pussycat Dolls' well-rated reality series (blech) blowing Veronica out of the Nielsens water (double blech), it isn't looking good for Veronica Mars. Says creator Rob Thomas, Last year I was 70-30, thinking the show would be saved. This year, I have been holding steady at 60-40. But lately, I've become less than that. If Veronica does return, it would likely become an FBI show with the feisty Miss Mars flashing forward four years into the future. (Which sounds pretty damn awesome to at least one fan."

First of all, Pussycat Dolls is a one time reality show. I don't think the Pussycat Dolls will be changing their cast on a frequent basis. So we should definitely not use that as a reason. Have I told you how brainless I thought that reality series is? If I have, allow me to emphasize. Pussycat dolls = brainless.

Rob Thomas' words are definitely not comforting. To go down from 70-30 certainty to a less than 60-40. And he's supposed to be the creator of this show. Shouldn't he be trying harder to save this show??? And what's with this Nielsen box anyway? Isn't it unfair to base ratings only on Nielsen box holders? Granted that there is no other way to track ratings but I think producers should also look into the quality of the fanbase by looking at how supportive the fans are (VM fans actually create their own shirts, send off emails, raise funds, post actively on the forums, and spend tons of time voting on polls).

This is really a sad day for me. I hope that we get to have another season 4 because we deserve it. We represent quality viewing, simple as that.

No comments: